Email marketing is just as vital today as it’s always been. If your business doesn’t have a way marketing your products/services you are missing out on potentially thousands of pounds to your business.
The cost of acquiring a new customer is about 5-10 times more than retaining an existing one. But, also a repeat customer will spend on average 67% more than a new one.
If someone has subscribed to your mailing list, you have built up their trust and they want to hear from you – that is half the battle. The important thing now, is to ensure you only send that person an email that is relevant to them, this will increase your open rate and the click through rate too, which will increase the chances of a transaction being completed.
If you haven’t started a mailing list already, it is very simple embed a email signup form on any page of your site. Your website builder should be able to do this, if you need any help, there are sites like MailChimp that you can build a custom signup form on.
Once you are up and running with the form, only communicate email market with customers who have subscribed/opted in to your mailing list and don’t send them loads of emails in quick succession as that is the fastest way for them to opt-out. REMEMBER that Spamming people is illegal, so don’t do it!
Here are our TOP TIPS:
- Build your subscribers list
- Communicate with your customers, not at them
- Make it relevant and interesting
- Make it personal
- Don’t SPAM the recipient
- Make sure the email looks fresh and modern
- Have links to relevant and specific landing pages not just your website homepage
- Have clear call to actions
- Make it easy as possible for people to unsubscribe
- Make your marketing emails mobile-responsive
- Test your marketing email to ensure everything works
Remember that in May 2018, the UK’s Data Protection Act gets replaced by the (GDPR) European General Data Protection Regulation – which is a big deal for every business, so ensure you are fully up to speed with it.